If requests are taken :) I would like to propose the following for
consideration, to be added to LfW some day:

- ConcurrentLua: http://concurrentlua.luaforge.net/ - As mentioned by
Linker in previous post. Easy coroutine wrapper with message passing,
implemented largely in Lua.

- LuaTCC: http://luatcc.luaforge.net/ - Allows for C (and assembly)
snippets to be embedded in Lua apps, compiled and executed on the fly.
Seems extremely useful and powerful to have. If I'm not mistaken, it
will also be included in the upcoming Lua Programming Gems book. Can
also be used as an alternative to Alien (or to custom built bindings)
for calling external DLL's. I think this binding uses TCC 0.9.23
though, while the latest version TCC 0.9.24 includes some important
fixes (see http://bellard.org/tcc/ ).

- JSON4Lua: http://json.luaforge.net/ - Probably needs as little
introduction as any of the others. Easy and fast serialisation (to
strings) of pretty much anything (other than userdata). Also includes
RPC using JSON for marshalling.

- Lua-TinyCDB: http://asbradbury.org/projects/lua-tinycdb/ - Easy and
fast storage/retrieval of key/value pairs on a disk file (if not
changed often). Imagine the possibilities in combination with
JSON4Lua.

- LuaLanes: http://kotisivu.dnainternet.net/askok/bin/lanes/ (instead
of, or in addition to, LuaTask... I don't know if LuaTask is still
active but the latest release was almost a year ago. LuaLanes supports
spawning regular Lua functions as threads, thread priorities, and
seems to have better support for cancelling threads. Also LuaTask
appears to be using 'arg').

- lbase64 :http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~lhf/ftp/lua/#lbase64 (and
lascii85: http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~lhf/ftp/lua/#lascii85 ) - Not
only useful for web stuff.

- lpack: http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~lhf/ftp/lua/#lpack - Pack and
unpack binary data. Luiz does have a grand collection of cool tools :)

- Pluto: http://lua-users.org/wiki/PlutoLibrary - Persistance,
persistance, persistance.

- Lua-iconv: http://lua-iconv.luaforge.net/ - Conversion between
various character encodings.

- LuaSDL: http://luaforge.net/projects/luasdl/ - Provides a good deal
of graphics and audio functionality. Don't know if this project is
active.

- Perhaps a basic alternative to LuaExpat for reading (and writing?) XML.
http://asbradbury.org/projects/lua-xmlreader/
http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaXml

- Something that allows not only reading but also writing compressed
data. LuaAIO includes a bzip2 binding that I haven't been able to
track down. There's also http://luaforge.net/projects/lzlib/

- Since it's Lua for Windows, perhaps some useful Win32 stuff like
registry and clipboard manipulation. Also serial comms would be nice
(I'd certainly use it for my newb electronics projects). I don't know
if there are any ready-to-use libraries that provide this in a clean
way, but it may be worth checking out LuaX:
http://kotisivu.dnainternet.net/askok/luax/ (or smiling irresistably
at Asko :-D ) and/or LuaSys: http://luaforge.net/projects/luasys/ .
LuaAIO also includes serial comms, don't know where it came from.

Cheers