I've been watching the recent mailing list discussions on Lua for Windows. I wonder why there is a desire for this kind of "batteries included" distribution, in light of LuaRocks. It seems to me that instead of trying to include every library under the moon, it would be better to just include Lua, LuaRocks, and SciTE. A GUI front-end to install rocks might be nice, but then we're talking about a tool for programmers here; it seems to me that a command-line interface shouldn't be a problem. Thoughts?

Matt