On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 12:02 PM, Mark Meijer <meijer78@gmail.com> wrote:
> - LuaLanes: http://kotisivu.dnainternet.net/askok/bin/lanes/ (instead
> of, or in addition to, LuaTask... I don't know if LuaTask is still
> active but the latest release was almost a year ago. LuaLanes supports
> spawning regular Lua functions as threads, thread priorities, and
> seems to have better support for cancelling threads. Also LuaTask
> appears to be using 'arg').

I tried to understand LuaLanes ;(  Awesome potential, however.

> - lpack: http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~lhf/ftp/lua/#lpack - Pack and
> unpack binary data. Luiz does have a grand collection of cool tools :)

he does! But he's too modest to advertise them ;) But seriously, this
is essential if you ever have to deal with binary data.

> - Since it's Lua for Windows, perhaps some useful Win32 stuff like
> registry and clipboard manipulation. Also serial comms would be nice

That strikes me as a necessity. Most of  this is not difficult, since
Alien handles calls to the Win32 API very well.

steve d.