The keyboard + mouse support is indeed lacking in Cairo, but is part of the CairoPad plan I've had.

Most likely, it will be a stand-alone executable linking to liblua, since many GUI's will need special care that a Lua module might find difficult (not impossible) to offer.

I've done this once, with LuaX and SDL. Now it's a matter of doing it with plain Lua 5.1 and Cairo. Should be ready by Christmas.

-asko