There is also an issue with how the internal string lengths are
stored.  It uses the "size_t" type which can mean different things
depending on a variety of things (even on similar architectures).
Requires changes in ldump.c and lundump.c if I remember correctly.  In
fact we added a #define in luaconf.h so that this type can easily be
set.

CR