LuaX no longer maintained?  I tried it some time ago (probably year
2006).  It definitely is good software with many powerful packages
linked in.  At that time my interest was a tiny (<500k) cross platform
GUI + Lua solution.  But it turns out that doing GUI on SDL is not
that sort of thing I imagined.

Back to murgaLua.  It's tiny but it's not fltk2.  And fltk2 looks like
progressing very slowly (e.g. fl_table).  For GUI bindings, tcltk is
probably more powerful especially they now have native OS support.

On game scripting engines, how about luaplayer on PSP?