On 10/07/2008, Thomas Lauer <thomas.lauer@virgin.net> wrote:
> Hey, you're giving me some ideas to chew over...

:-)

> Actually I am currently
> thinking of ways to execute Lua code directly in a batch file but with
> the current plugin architecture this won't turn out to be as elegant as
> I'd wish. Sigh.

As far as I know, there's no way to hook into the parser, but with
"Here documents" you don't really need to. You can simply use the
ability to read (redirected) stdin as follows:

lua << endlua
function f()
    print("Hello, world")
end
endlua

That seems sufficiently clean to me. The only downside is that it
doesn't work in an interactive situation, but I'm not sure it would be
appropriate there anyway.

Paul.