On 10/07/2008, Thomas Lauer <thomas.lauer@virgin.net> wrote:

> Is that current code? I'll definitely check it out.

Subversion is up to the minute (just committed a minute ago :-))
Unfortunately, this also means it's not always in a usable state :-(

It looks like I never did a binary release. That's a pity, as the
earlier version (revision 10 in Subversion) was pretty usable. When I
get the current changes stable, I'll release a proper binary release.

At that point, we'll probably have to fight over who gets the name
lua4nt :-) Maybe I could rename my plugin to tcclua, and look like my
plugin is more modern than yours :-) :-)

> I think 4NT/TCC is a near-perfect match for Lua (at least in a Windows
> environment). There are certainly amazing possibilities for much deeper
> integration between the two, but the lack of documentation on the plugin
> side is a problem. But you knew that already;-)

Absolutely! I'm currently working on being able to execute Lua defined
functions as commands or TCC functions, so that you could do

C:\> lua function hi(name) print("Hello, " .. name) end
C:\> lua function add1(n) return n+1 end
C:\> alias hi=lua /F hi
C:\> function add1=`%@LUA[add1,%$]`
C:\> hi Thomas
Hello, Thomas
C:\> echo %@add1[12]
13

With that, the integration is pretty slick.

Regards,
Paul.