Steve,

Ideally a Lua Scripting environment similar to Python, Pearl, or Tcl script environments on Windows could be setup. Which would include some lua libraies, documentation for those libraries , and uninstall from Start\Programs.

I'm working with Ryan of RJP Computing & Jim Whitehead II, to put together such a Lua installer for Windows, we're trying to work together to avoid duplicate efforts.

I agree an Executive Summary & Tutorial are needed.

Steve if you or anyone else is interested in working together on a Windows installer, please send me an email, agrwagrw@gmail.com. We're trying to get a  Lua Scripting Environment for Windows together that would give beginners an easy installation yet support libraries and have good level of documentation. Eventually a full blown installer including kitchen sink (IDE, debugging, LuaRocks etc) but for now just a strawman people can give feedback on.

Cheers
Andrew Wilson