On May 7, 2008, at 4:43 PM, Geoff Leyland wrote:
On 8/05/2008, at 8:01 AM, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:

Probably he meant the list of authors. Before sending to this list, he sent
us this nice message:

I have had this piece of crap for over a month and still can't get it to install. Your read me file is very confusing. Plat paths make file test install. All these are designed very poorly. How about a simply install so i
can at least start learning to write script and stop screwing with an
install that is barbaric one wonders if the language can possibly worth learning. I am running windows xp. I have downloaded your 5.1.3 version. All files want to know what program to open them. Install does nothing. All I want is to be able to start the damn thing. What moron thought releasing it
in this shape was a good thing?

-- Roberto

Phew! It can't be any fun getting mail like that. I imagine you have a thick enough skin, but for FWIW I really appreciate you "releasing it in this shape", and for documentation PiL is one of the best language books I've read.

I think I see the problem in the statement, "I am running windows xp" :-)

-----
~Chris
chris@marrin.com