First let me say I am surprised at the number of responses to my posting. Second, as I stated I am new to this so there is a learning curve. Third, contacting anyone through the contact list only resulted in being sent to this forum. Fourth, I am running windows xp and the selection to download totals 6. Being new I have no idea what the differences are. Fifth, I chose Lua because the G15 logitec key board allows you to use Lua script. It seemed like a good idea at the time. My thought was if they recommend it should be easier to get my projects to run on it easier. As stated I have messed around with this for over a month. Emails to the contact list resulted in nothing of value in regards to help. Frustration does come out in my posting and for that I am sorry. I do how ever stand behind my comment that quality is lacking. This language is being represented as an "easier" one to use and learn. wanting to learn to program is going to be frustrating enough without the added problem of figuring out what down loads are needed and how to configure them. All help files tend to expect you to have a knowledge of your needs. When your new you don't know what your needs are. As for now being a problem for python forums, well it is my hope that after a month of learning via tutorials, I will be able to learn far more than just getting the language installed. One last thought. If you who have responded to my post, had no knowledge of programing, would you find it easy to get this up and running. Pytoin took ten minutes Lua took me a month with no help from the contact list other than to pawn me off on you guys. Thank you all for your thoughts on my post. I will trouble you no more. I hope python works for me so I don't have ask any questions in a forum only to be told what I know. I am learning and frustrated after a month of no help,being blown off by contacts and ridiculed for venting. I still with all this response, leave with  no idea how to get it to work.

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 5:37 AM, Thomas Lauer <thomas.lauer@virgin.net> wrote:
David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:

> Thomas Lauer <thomas.lauer@virgin.net> writes:
>
> > Either one is elitist, which as a policy decision is fair enough, or
> > one tries to have a broad appeal. Having it both ways is difficult.
>
> Lua does not have a broad appeal.  It appeals to programmers.  The
> question is whether it is also targeted as a first programming language.
> If yes, then installation needs to be reasonably easy to do without
> already being in the "programmer mindframe".  If no, then, well, shrug.

I wasn't taking sides, I was just making an observation.

(Having said that, I still wonder why some people religiously follow
those bizarre TIOBE rankings.)

--
cheers  thomasl

web: http://thomaslauer.com/start