On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 2:25 AM, Philippe Lhoste <PhiLho@gmx.net> wrote:
> Yes and no. There are some common practices, or rules (eg. in design of
> Windows programs) which ensure a minimal common look and feel. If you
> break these rules/expectations, you confuse the user.

I was thinking the same thing, though it's more than just following
conventions the user is already familiar with. Even a radically new
and unfamiliar interface can be intuitive. Steve McGuire's book
'Writing Solid Code' has an entertaining chapter on intuitive
interface design, in the context of designing function interfaces.
Excerpt here: http://eric.tetzfamily.com/code/docs/candyMachineInterfaces.html

Cheers,
Eric