On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 22:36 +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
> Natanael Copa <natanael.copa@gmail.com> writes:
> > syslog funcs was a requested feature in luaposix and was one of the
> > reasons i forked lposix at all. If luasyslog were released a few days
> > before... well, I don't know if I would bother fork lposix at all.
>
> Er, so why not unfork it then?  Forks aren't per-se a bad thing, but
> ... they do confuse people, split resources, and often lead to subtle
> problems.  If this fork has no real purpose, it seems a bit silly to
> keep it around...

The main purpose is to maintain a posix module for lua. lposix is
unmaintained. Patches have been submitted to this list for years but non
have entered lposix and there is no sign for a release of lposix for
lua-5.1.x.

I didn't want to fork. I asked to take over maintainership and got
response "its public domain, do what you want".

A need for syslog features helped me to allocate some time and actually
do something about it.

> -Miles

-nc