Doug Currie <doug.currie@gmail.com> writes:
> Well, I prefer not to run flaky software, or cygwin, on my machine,
> and I suspect I am not alone.

I can understand why you wouldn't want to run flaky software.

Cygwin, on the other hand is perfectly fine software.  You can certainly
decide not to use it if you want, but luaforge support decisions should
not be predicated on such arbitrary preferences.

> However if the number of supported SCS at LuaForge is limited, my vote
> would be for Subversion and Mercurial. These are centralized and
> distributed models for a wider set of platforms.

Git is a very important SCS (arguably more important than mercurial),
and is certainly worth the effort to support.

-Miles

--
`To alcohol!  The cause of, and solution to,
 all of life's problems' --Homer J. Simpson