On Wednesday, November 21, 2007 Miles Bader wrote:

> Doug Currie <doug.currie@gmail.com> writes:
>> Not to mention the lack of Windows support for git:
>> http://kerneltrap.org/Linux/Git_on_Windows

> Git "native" support for windows is flaky, but it does exist (and is
> actively being developed).

> However, AFAIK (I don't use windows myself) you can just use cygwin to
> run git on windows and everything should work.

Well, I prefer not to run flaky software, or cygwin, on my machine,
and I suspect I am not alone.

> Of course, none of that should have any bearing on whether luaforge
> supports git or not.  Ideally luaforge would just support every popular
> SCS, and let the project maintainers decide what they want to use.

Sure. However if the number of supported SCS at LuaForge is limited,
my vote would be for Subversion and Mercurial. These are centralized
and distributed models for a wider set of platforms.

Doug Currie
Londonderry, NH, USA