The point of all this is that SVN is more or less phasing CVS out, version 2, if you will.. Subversion has an excellent array of clients, tools and integrations for most popular IDE's, readily available tutorials and help, and is easy and uncomplicated to work with. The idea of having to muck around with cygwin and try to "fake" a non windows environment just because the chosen version control is buggy is just stupid.

I'm all for an alternative, but it would have to prove itself to overshadow SVN enough that it also overweigh the benefits of using already available subversion offer, through the latest GForge release, which also brings up the point of familiarity. A complete facelift of luaforge might sound attractive for practical reasons, or aesthetics, but it's probably not from the view of the casual users who use it on a daily basis. They might not object to a one-time move from CVS to SVN, but a complete makeover of the whole concept will most likely make some people upset, especially if they're already happy.

Baby steps.. baby steps.