To take this thread ;) in a helthier direction...

Can you please list such tasks, where built-in pre-emptive parallelism would have been useful. My curiosity is as the author of Lanes, wanting to know what couldn't be achieved by the current, extension module based approach. "Certain tasks" was too vague.

-asko