Stefan Sandberg wrote:

> "Real" preemptive threading is something that should be incorporated
> deeper in the lua core though, as well as someone giving Mike Pall a
> 64bit cpu!,  since both of those are utterly vital in the very near
> future...

Certainly there have been occasions where I'd have liked Lua to have
some form of internal pre-emptive multitasking on the op-code level.
Obviously, this wouldn't be able to pre-empt threads if they were
currently in C code, but it would still be useful for certain tasks.

Perhaps even some evil scheme for allowing multi-tasking between
multiple Lua states with such a scheme could be even more useful?

B.