Hallo,

    I'm replying to the list because I believe it falls in the "de
facto GUI for Lua" category.

On 12/14/06, Asko Kauppi <askok@dnainternet.net> wrote:

Cairo can be used as the 'only' graphics system, only no-one has done
so yet. One currently needs SDL, Gtk+ or something to bind keyboard &
mouse into the picture, but i.e. SDL + Cairo with vector based widget
library would seem a very 100% Cairo only GUI.

    Of course I know it can be done, as I said GTK+ uses it to draw
its widgets. But I think a toolkit with "real" windows, as in Win32 or
X11 windows, would be a better option. The interface would be more
familiar to the user, and no one will be able to say it was done in
Lua or in C. That's why I'm looking forward to the revival of Claro.
Cheers,

--
-alex
http://www.ventonegro.org/