On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 09:05:50AM +0100, Thomas Hafner wrote:
> Sam Roberts <sroberts@bycast.com> wrote/schrieb <20061031003216.GD25950@pebble>:
>
> > On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 12:39:27AM +0100, Thomas Hafner wrote:
> > >   Why? I've installed these Ubuntu Packages:
> > >   liblua5.1-0-dev  5.1-1
> >
> > If you look at the file list for this package, you'll see that the lua
> > headers are in /usr/include/lua5.1/, and looking at your compiler line,
> > that directory is not in your include path.
> Now the build is complaining:
>   src/lfs.c:42:24: error: compat-5.1.h: No such file or directory

You don't need to be compatible with lua 5.1, you are using 5.1.

> How many packages will I have to treat manually before I can build the
> remote debugger? Will it be worth? Or is there a simpler solution to
> get a CLI debugger?
>
> Seems that I'v expected some authomatic OS-independent package
> mechanism like Chicken Eggs or Ruby Gems,
> but there isn' yet for LUA, am I right?

Lua is a language for embedding and extending applications written in
C/C++, its got minimal stand-alone support. You should copy the C source
into your application, and use whatever build system you are using for
your app.

Cheers,
Sam