Sam Roberts <sroberts@bycast.com> wrote/schrieb <20061031003216.GD25950@pebble>:

> On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 12:39:27AM +0100, Thomas Hafner wrote:
> >   Why? I've installed these Ubuntu Packages:
> >   liblua5.1-0-dev  5.1-1
>
> If you look at the file list for this package, you'll see that the lua
> headers are in /usr/include/lua5.1/, and looking at your compiler line,
> that directory is not in your include path.

ACK. I've found the config file and adapted the variable LUA_INC. BTW
it has some hard coded OS-X paths (why?).

Now the build is complaining:
  src/lfs.c:42:24: error: compat-5.1.h: No such file or directory

I've unpacked compat-5.1r5. It contains only three files (no INSTALL,
no README):
  compat-5.1.c
  compat-5.1.h
  compat-5.1.lua

Where shall I put them, how shall I use them?

How many packages will I have to treat manually before I can build the
remote debugger? Will it be worth? Or is there a simpler solution to
get a CLI debugger?

Seems that I'v expected some authomatic OS-independent package
mechanism like Chicken Eggs or Ruby Gems, but there isn' yet for LUA,
am I right?

Regards
  Thomas