Chris Marrin a écrit :
The problem with flame wars is that they always end up with misunderstandings and hurt feelings.

I believe that's the word "oddball" which triggered the flames (rather warm than burning...). I predicted the flame fest because of its use.
It has a negative flavor, like "only C syntax is fine".
Should you have just written "executives won't accept Lua because they are used to a C-like syntax and won't take anything else", OK, fine for them. But don't judge other syntaxes. Some people like only mathematical notation-like languages, others (not many) love old Cobol for its verbose lines (ADD B TO C GIVING D, or something like that...).
That's a matter of tastes and habits.

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France