On 04 May 2006 18:33:31 -0400, John D. Ramsdell <ramsdell@mitre.org> wrote:
In Java, I hate the fact that they adopted the smooshed identifier
convention from SmallTalk, rather than the underscore identifier
convention used in many C programs.  Thus, instead of the much more
readable this_is_an_identifier, in Java, convention has it that you
write thisIsAnIdentifier.  My Java code follows the convention.

I think the 'smooshed' identifier is much more practical.  It saves
you 1 stretched keystroke per extra-word.  As for readability, its
usually the case that the variable names are short and don't have
obnoxious sequences such as IsAWord or IsAnIdentifier.  Another
'bonus' for the camel-casing is the fact that WikiWords are based on
it, so it can simplify the documentation process.
That's my 0.02 $.

--
Thomas Harning Jr.