When programming in Lua, I nearly always use one-based array indexing.
I think one should always strive to write code that others can
maintain, even when there is little chance the code will be used by
anyone else.  The pervasive use of zero-based indexing needlessly
confuses readers of Lua source code.

In Java, I hate the fact that they adopted the smooshed identifier
convention from SmallTalk, rather than the underscore identifier
convention used in many C programs.  Thus, instead of the much more
readable this_is_an_identifier, in Java, convention has it that you
write thisIsAnIdentifier.  My Java code follows the convention.

John