mnewberry wrote:

Ben,

For my part, I am not asking anyone to turn Lua into C/C++. I'm suggesting small changes to syntax to make it more consistent with how we already think. It is amazing how little nits like -- versus // or ~= versus != can make something easy to use or an annoyance to use. If the vast majority of people using Lua come from the C/C++ lineage then they're going to find the current syntax a nuisance.

Michael

FWIW: I'm one that did "come from the C/C++ lineage", and found Lua syntax to be very clear, intuitive and just nice. I've no wish whatsoever to see it changed.

--
Shmuel