I also would also love to see != and // supported in the standard Lua. It is
also an ongoing com[plaint from a reasonable fraction of our users. They
really like Lua overall but those syntactical differences with C really
annoy them. As they say, "Lua is not C", but I would bet the majority of Lua
users have C/C++ as their mother tongue.

Michael

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 08:39:54 +0100, Alen Ladavac wrote
> From: "Keith Wiles" <kwiles@centurytel.net>
> > Every time I compile a new Lua I add the support for '!=', my old 'C'
> > fingers have a hard time to making the change :-( I would love to see '!
='