On 4 Sep 2005, at 15:53, Asko Kauppi wrote:
local function wputd( n )
    wputb( n(MASK_000000FF) )
    wputb( n(MASK_0000FF00) )
    wputb( n(MASK_00FF0000) )
    wputb( n(MASK_FF000000) )
end

Call is overriden to provide the binary and (scaled to bit 0) of the value itself, and the mask.  I consider this easy to read.

This is great functionality, but I'd still want access to the raw boolean operators. Without them, there's no sensible way of doing boolean algebra, which can be a great boon for optimising certain algorithms. They're also pretty much mandatory for things like encryption functions.

--
Lisa