Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> This is documented in the manual that accompanies Lua 5.1 alpha.
> Read the comments for package.seeall(), too.
>
> A recent mailing list thread inspired this change:
*snip*

This breaking of backwards compatibility makes me very uncomfortable with deploying Lua.

What backwards compatibility? 'package' and 'module' do not exist in 5.0.
--lhf

I suppose she refers to the work versions of Lua 5.1, whose API/specification/features was explicitely marked as moving target...

It seems that some people already has invested quite some energy in writing Lua code for the 5.1. They had time to do so ;-)

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France