Mike Pall wrote:

Just so this doesn't sound like a rant about a specific
application: dealing with some network protocols (like DNS
or TLS) is really, really ugly without hex numbers and
bitfields. Don't tell me I have to write this in C ...
24/32 bit colour constants are another one to add to the list.

0x00ff0000 is easy to read as red 16711680 is not, I know you can just go via strings, which is what I've been doing. It just feels wrong to be creating strings when all I want is a number.

In general I think I'd define the issue I have as:

Any processing of binary files in plain lua just seems so cumbersome which is a shame since text files are so easy.

--

Kriss

http://XIXs.com -><- http://www.WetGenes.com