David Given wrote:
> Just as a matter of interest, would anyone be interested in an alternate Lua
> front-end language? That is, a language that compiles into Lua byte-code and
> is executed with the standard VM.

I'm always interested in curiosities.  But this idea doesn't
particularly grab me more than any other language -- for me,
the Lua language is the exciting part of Lua, not the VM.  I'm
also a little dubious about the wisdom of targetting Lua
bytecode (except as a short-cut to a working GC'd VM'd
platform); the Lua bytecode is very specifically tailored to
the things that Lua needs to do, and is also subject to
incompatible changes almost every significant release.

Regards,
--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   -   adam@gimp.org