On Sat, 2005-02-19 at 10:18, PA wrote:
> On Feb 19, 2005, at 00:01, Glenn Maynard wrote:
>
> > Huh?  Lua is specifically designed to be a good extension language, and
> > not at all designed to be an application language.
>
> Well... funnily enough I see Lua exactly the other way around: a good,
> small, extensible language :) I guess you could spin it both way.

I see both.. in particular lua could fit like:

lua --   top level architecture
other -- in the middle
lus --   bottom scriptlet extensions

EG for a game, the top level is Lua code, stuff that
does the titles, shows the high scores, sets
up the networking connection parameters.

The game engine is written using say C++, to manage
low level objects like players and sprites, render
them, and move them.

The object behaviour is done in a couple of lines
of Lua .. but can be modified, possibly by
the end user as part of the game.

voice: 061-2-9660-0850,
snail: PO BOX 401 Glebe NSW 2037 Australia