On Feb 18, 2005, at 22:06, Glenn Maynard wrote:

I'm not saying one can't; I'm saying one normally does not.  Lua is an
extension language; extending is what it's good at.  If you're writing
a whole application in it, you'll quickly find out what the difference
is--it's not good at it, and isn't supposed to be.

Perhaps... time will tell... on the other hand... if people didn't experiment with Lua in new and weird ways... Lua would still languish as an obscure "data entry language" of sort:

http://www.lua.org/history.html

"The users of a language ultimately define it, not the writers of the specification."
-- unknown

Basically, "you're doing it wrong".  (Which you can do if you want, but
I don't think it'll be considered a bug when it doesn't have features
of an application language.)

I have been known for "doing it wrong" before :) This is the point of the exercise. Failure is an option.

Cheers

--
PA, Onnay Equitursay
http://alt.textdrive.com/