On Feb 05, 2005, at 22:47, Mike Pall wrote:

The LuaSocket Makefile needs to be changed for this. Sorry, no time to
create/test a proper patch right now. But here are the instructions
to build bundles from the command line:

Ok. This seems to be a step forward :)

To keep things simple, I tried to just compile Luiz's "lalarm" library:

gcc -O2 -fno-common -c -o lalarm.o lalarm.c
gcc -bundle -undefined dynamic_lookup -o lalarm.so lalarm.o

This want well. I now have a nice little lalarm.so.

require( "alarm" ) doesn't chock on loading any longer, but still cannot locate the library entry point:

lua: .../alarm/alarm.lua:12: symbol `luaopen_alarm' not found
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function `assert'
        /Users/rszwarc/Downloads/alarm/alarm.lua:12: in function `so'
        /Users/rszwarc/Downloads/alarm/alarm.lua:15: in main chunk
        [C]: in function `require'
        Example.lua:180: in main chunk
        [C]: ?

What else I'm missing? Thanks for the help!

Cheers

--
PA, Onnay Equitursay
http://alt.textdrive.com/