Hi,

PA wrote:
> lua: .../Downloads/luasocket-2.0-beta3/lua/socket.lua:15: error loading
> package `lsocket' (file is not a bundle)

Mac OS X has two different types of shared libraries: bundles and dylibs.
Since Lua 5.1-work4 you need to use bundles (we had a long discussion
about this recently -- see the list archive).

The LuaSocket Makefile needs to be changed for this. Sorry, no time to
create/test a proper patch right now. But here are the instructions
to build bundles from the command line:

MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET="10.3"
export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET
gcc -O2 -fno-common -c -o module.o module.c
gcc -bundle -undefined dynamic_lookup -o module.so module.o

Bye,
     Mike