The question with them, again, is where to draw the line.

Generally, me thinks, Win95 did a fairly useful localization (to Finnish) but.. instead of just calling the user-visible thingy 'Työpöytä' (desktop) they _also_ made the directory name (which, imho, is never even visible to the user) do the same. With umlauts, well, you can imagine the hell.. ;)

There's a similar thing in Apple OS X, where certain folders (s.a. Applications) do sometimes show up with their local names. Here, however, the underlying Unix filename is always in English.

Again, out of the title, out of Lua.. :)
-ak