>Hi,
>is someone using LUA as a programming language for
>never-programmed-before students? Is someone experimenting it as a
>teaching language?
>
>regards
>--
>Enrico Tassi

Not yet, but I have plans to translate its keywords and the libraries' names and their functions' names to Portuguese to help my students learn algorithms. You know, not everybody in the world speaks English ;-)

I hope that the dynamic typing and the associative arrays make it easier to newbies learn programming.

Andre de Leiradella