AOA> There are no changes in language semantics, so therefore there are no
AOA> changes to the bytecode generator, the bytecode itself or the runtime
AOA> API. It is possible for the compiler to use the type information to
AOA> optimise the bytecode, but that is purely optional.

If I understand correctly, you do not want the type restrictions for
variables to be available at runtime, this is to be a compile-time
thing only? But then if you also do not intend to explicitly specify
which type a given variable has, the compiler would somehow have to
guess the type of a variable (what you call "by example", i.e. from
the first assignment or somesuch). Is that about it?

Gunnar