Jeff Koftinoff wrote:
[Using a test harness instead of type checking]

A test harness is code, just like code itself is. There will be as many problems in the test suite as in the code itself. Therefore, your aim is to make sure that the complete system, considering both the code and the tests, is as simple as possible.

I believe that type checking is an efficient way to test many things, and thus an efficient way to express many of your tests. By your logic, syntax errors might as well be delayed until runtime as well. I do not agree that this is a productive approach. It takes two seconds to compile a file, while running a test suite can take minutes. I believe that the sooner problems are found, the better.

Regards,
Asger Ottar Alstrup