On Thu, 14 Oct 2004, Asko Kauppi wrote:

What exactly do you think is non-GPL in my interpretation? Lot of commercial software is done using gcc; where does this differ?

This is not the place to discuss the GPL. Go and read it, and its exegesis at www.gnu.org and other sites about OSS licenses.

Asko Kauppi wrote:
>Lumikki is released under the GPL license. You are free to use the software in any project, for any purpose, as long as you don't (need to) make modifications to it. If you need to modify, you also need to provide the modifications to others that might benefit from them. This is how GPL works in a nutshell.

The main flaw in the above is that you have to publish the source code of an application that includes GPLed code, regardless of whether you modified it. The definition of "includes" is hairy, which is why here is not the place to discuss licensing.

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org/ | violence, n.  bravery for cowards