Daniel Quintela wrote:

Peter Loveday escribió:

Ah good, another standard for Lua DLL naming for modules, "LUA+LIB.DLL". Just what the Lua community needs :)

Sorry, I use Philippe Lhoste's VC projects since Lua 4.0, and I am very comfortable with it. :-( But you are right, Lua.dll + LuaLib.dll, or Lua+Lib.dll, or even Lua50dll.dll ( from wxLua distribution), is a mess.
Can be possible to define a "standard distribution" naming ?
People could expect any package to depend of the same DLL's, at least for testing/evaluation purpose.

The name sounded familiar... I am happy to see my files are used.

Note it is not "another standard", in the sense I also proposed this naming scheme the last time we discuted it...

The original Makefile creates liblua and liblualib.
So I make liblua.lib and liblualib.lib for static include in a project.

But it made sense (for me at least) to name the DLLs Lua.dll and LuaLib.dll so the semi-static (or semi-dynamic?) libraries were named lua.lib and lualib.lib (these are the libraries that have to be included in a project to automatically load the corresponding DLLs, if not using LoadLibrary): no name conflict, and I wouldn't use something like luadll.lib to make luadll.dll (a bit on the redundant side; well liblulib.lib too :-P).

And to offer a convenient DLL with both the core Lua and its standard library, I made Lua+Lib.dll and Lua+Lib.lib.

Isn't it logical? :-)

And I can rename the DLLs to include version number...

Note: if a consensus is made toward another naming scheme, of course I will adopt it.

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France