>  Tue, 13 Nov 2001 14:14:52 -0000
>  "Nick Trout" <nick@videosystem.co.uk> wrote:
>

>  Dont get too excited, its not written yet ;-) I've created a Wiki page with
>  some ideas on: http://lua-users.org/wiki/VisLua
>
>  Think of the sum of effort gone into writing the following, and there are some
>  great tools here:
>
>   * luadbg - command line driven - http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~tomas/ldb/
>  * Houston - GTK - http://luagnome.free.fr/download.php3#houston
>  * Titmouse - Win32 - http://www.xtgsystems.com/lua/#titmouse
>  * LuaDev - Mac OSX - http://www.dekorte.com/Software/OSX/LuaDev/
>  * Lua Studio - MFC - http://sourceforge.net/projects/visuallua/
>  * LuaCmd - (Lua 3.2) TecGraf IUP library (win32 & Motif) -
>  http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/luacmd
>  * EDELua - win32 embedded - http://home.t-online.de/home/KZerbe/edelua.htm
>  * Stella - MacOS - http://amianduri.com/stella/stella.html
>  * Lash - win32 shell -
>  http://cc904244-a.hntsvlle1.al.home.com/Projects/lash.html

Hi,

What about the fltk toolkit  (see www.fltk.org) -- Jay Carlson started
a        toLua       based        luafltk        connection       (see
http://lua-fltk.sourceforge.net/), he posted that  in the list, too. I
like fltk for  its compactness, it compiles cleanly  on all major UNIX
platforms  (like  lua ;-)  )  and  works atop  of  both  X and  win32.
Furthermore it comes with excellent OpenGL integration.  My impression
on gtk  and wxwindows  is that --  while their look-and-feel  might be
more professional --  that they are too much  Linux-centered. At least
this  was the state  some time  ago when  I tried  to compile  them on
OSF1/Digital/Tru64/???-Unix. Then, they are quite huge.  IMHO, a basic
design goal of such an effort  should be that the resulting code is as
compact and portable a Lua is. Then this would be really useful stuff.

Juergen