Dont get too excited, its not written yet ;-) I've created a Wiki page with
some ideas on: http://lua-users.org/wiki/VisLua

Think of the sum of effort gone into writing the following, and there are some
great tools here:

 * luadbg - command line driven - http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~tomas/ldb/
* Houston - GTK - http://luagnome.free.fr/download.php3#houston
* Titmouse - Win32 - http://www.xtgsystems.com/lua/#titmouse
* LuaDev - Mac OSX - http://www.dekorte.com/Software/OSX/LuaDev/
* Lua Studio - MFC - http://sourceforge.net/projects/visuallua/
* LuaCmd - (Lua 3.2) TecGraf IUP library (win32 & Motif) -
http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/luacmd
* EDELua - win32 embedded - http://home.t-online.de/home/KZerbe/edelua.htm
* Stella - MacOS - http://amianduri.com/stella/stella.html
* Lash - win32 shell -
http://cc904244-a.hntsvlle1.al.home.com/Projects/lash.html

But a lot are platform specific, or no longer maintained :-(. It would be nice
if we all concentrated on one solution? It could really benefit us all.

Please feel free to give feedback and suggest any features or problems.

Regards,
Nick

---
History is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon.
 - Napoleon Bonaparte