[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Serialized test data in table format?
- From: Russell Haley <russ.haley@...>
- Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 22:57:35 -0700
On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 10:37 PM, Sean Conner <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> It was thus said that the Great Russell Haley once stated:
>> On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 2:51 PM, Sean Conner <email@example.com> wrote:
>> > If you don't feel like install my modules  you can probably get
>> > something similar with lposix or luafilesystem or something.
>> >  Found a resource leak (well, kind of, the GC doesn't kick in as
>> > often as it should) dealing with reading directories. Ah, large
>> > data ... how well you find bugs!
>> >  https://github.com/spc476/lua-conmanorg
>> I had to man-handle your makefile to build on freebsd and cut out the
>> net module due to errors (https://pastebin.com/yHARr5Gc), but I got it
>> to compile and install. However, there is no conman.table. I looked
>> and I found table.lua in the repo, but not in the installed directory.
>> I copied table.lua over and replaced your require. The final output
>> was a "bus error". I didn't see anything immediately and draw the
>> line at going through your C code. :P
> I don't have access to a FreeBSD system to diagnose this, but I suspect
> I'm missing some #define or header file for the networking stuff. I'm not
> surprised that "make install" failed for some of the modules---I use Lua
> (the standalone Lua executable) to find the appropriate directory  and
> that looks to have failed.
> I'm also not surprised at the bus error (well, I am that it was a bus
> fault and not a segfault, but I'm not surprised it crashed) because I had to
> "fix" the bug I mentioned and had not yet commited the change. It only
> happens on a deeply nested directory structure (which my program defaults to
> Quite a few of the modules in the repo are ... um ... still being worked
> on . Those I feel comfortable with have rockspecs.
>> I hope to get to play with conman a little later. Your cbor stuff sounds neat.
> Thank you. That makefile is a bit better written.
>  The two lines in the makefile are:
> LUADIR := $(prefix)/share/lua/$(shell lua -e "print(_VERSION:match '^Lua (.*)')")
> LIBDIR := $(prefix)/lib/lua/$(shell lua -e "print(_VERSION:match '^Lua (.*)')")
> I should probably make these:
> LUA = lua
> prefix = /usr/local
> datarootdir = $(prefix)/share
> libdir = $(prefix)/lib
> LUADIR := $(DESTDIR)$(datarootdir)/lua/$(shell $(LUA) -e "print(_VERSION:match 'Lua (.*)')")
> LIBDIR := $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/lua($(shell $(LUA) -e "print(_VERSION:match '^Lua (.*)')")
Yup, that's what I did (LUAEXEC).
Here is the man-handled uname test (not sure if the -shared is required):
CC = cc
CFLAGS = -I /usr/local/include/lua53
SHARED = -fPIC -shared
#lib/net.so : LDLIBS = -lsocket -lnsl
> But I got lazy 8-/
>  See above.
>  See above.
>  I have another repo that isn't published yet that is even more so.