[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Serialized test data in table format?
- From: Sean Conner <sean@...>
- Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 01:37:24 -0400
It was thus said that the Great Russell Haley once stated:
> On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 2:51 PM, Sean Conner <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > If you don't feel like install my modules  you can probably get
> > something similar with lposix or luafilesystem or something.
> >  Found a resource leak (well, kind of, the GC doesn't kick in as
> > often as it should) dealing with reading directories. Ah, large
> > data ... how well you find bugs!
> >  https://github.com/spc476/lua-conmanorg
> I had to man-handle your makefile to build on freebsd and cut out the
> net module due to errors (https://pastebin.com/yHARr5Gc), but I got it
> to compile and install. However, there is no conman.table. I looked
> and I found table.lua in the repo, but not in the installed directory.
> I copied table.lua over and replaced your require. The final output
> was a "bus error". I didn't see anything immediately and draw the
> line at going through your C code. :P
I don't have access to a FreeBSD system to diagnose this, but I suspect
I'm missing some #define or header file for the networking stuff. I'm not
surprised that "make install" failed for some of the modules---I use Lua
(the standalone Lua executable) to find the appropriate directory  and
that looks to have failed.
I'm also not surprised at the bus error (well, I am that it was a bus
fault and not a segfault, but I'm not surprised it crashed) because I had to
"fix" the bug I mentioned and had not yet commited the change. It only
happens on a deeply nested directory structure (which my program defaults to
Quite a few of the modules in the repo are ... um ... still being worked
on . Those I feel comfortable with have rockspecs.
> I hope to get to play with conman a little later. Your cbor stuff sounds neat.
Thank you. That makefile is a bit better written.
 The two lines in the makefile are:
LUADIR := $(prefix)/share/lua/$(shell lua -e "print(_VERSION:match '^Lua (.*)')")
LIBDIR := $(prefix)/lib/lua/$(shell lua -e "print(_VERSION:match '^Lua (.*)')")
I should probably make these:
LUA = lua
prefix = /usr/local
datarootdir = $(prefix)/share
libdir = $(prefix)/lib
LUADIR := $(DESTDIR)$(datarootdir)/lua/$(shell $(LUA) -e "print(_VERSION:match 'Lua (.*)')")
LIBDIR := $(DESTDIR)$(libdir)/lua($(shell $(LUA) -e "print(_VERSION:match '^Lua (.*)')")
But I got lazy 8-/
 See above.
 See above.
 I have another repo that isn't published yet that is even more so.