On Tue, Aug 22, 2023, at 10:37, siiky wrote:
>> The hardest part by far will be the mailing list. For this I do not see any good alternative to something like mailmanhost.com indeed.
>
> What's so hard about the mailing list? I don't know details but I think
> they (SourceHut) can help in migrating.

In that case maybe that's a solution too. Not sure how hard migrating the current archives CGI script would be, and maybe just using SourceHut's interface is fine.

> Renting a VPS for a static site sounds overkill to me, especially taking
> into account the Lua team doesn't want to do any maintenance work
> themselves (understandable).

What I'm saying is that lua-users is not static, it's a custom wiki so you need a VPS anyway.

And once you have a VPS putting lua.org on it too is trivial.