I would suggest SourceHut[0,1] instead, for its commitment to FLOSS. It has a similar functionality to GH Pages, very originally called SourceHut Pages[2]. And, it also has mailing list funcitonality[3]. Everything is managed and maintained by the SourceHut project/company.

It is pretty inexpensive, in my opinion (20 USD/year), but if that is not an option, there's a chance they would willingly host your project for free[4] (Lua has quite a history, after all):

[0]: https://sourcehut.org/
[1]: https://sr.ht/
[2]: https://srht.site/
[3]: https://lists.sr.ht/