Am Mi., 15. März 2023 um 20:28 Uhr schrieb Roger Leigh <rleigh@codelibre.net>:

> My (platform-specific) solution was to replace this with a direct call to a hardware RNG and get a truly random number straight from the hardware.  Like you did, I defined "luai_makeseed" and "l_randomizePivot" to use my random function in both cases.

... this I tried also, but it is not so easy, as the RNG module is
analogue and thus "a bit slow". It needs startup-time in millisecond
range, and also the random values are not created "super-high-speed"
(at least not in "digital clock speed" of the controller - I felt a
bit unsure what would happen if Lua would ask for many random values
one after each other - I would not like to invoke "delay waiting
states" then (but I did NOT investigate this further so far)).