Sounds amazing. But, much as I'd like to build a compiler or interpreter
some day (even if for a class) I have neither time nor money for a formal
compiler class. I'll have to look into LPeg and (if I can find the time)
study a local college's course materials on the instructor's Web site.

Anyone on the list have suggestions for self-directed study?

Cornell's "CS 6120: Advanced Compilers: The Self-Guided Online Course":

https://www.cs.cornell.edu/courses/cs6120/2020fa/self-guided/

I've not looked at it, but it comes strongly recommended (as well as some other suggestions) from the recent hackernews thread:

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=35130975

-- David