Next Friday I will begin to teach the second instance of the course
"Building a Programming Language" [1].  This is a course in which
we develop a compiler for a small language using Lua and the LPeg
library. In contrast to traditional compiler courses, all the parsing
and AST generation is handled using LPeg. With this approach, from the
second week on we maintain a working language.

This is not a course discussing advanced Lua features, but many of Lua
characteristics contribute to the simplicity of the final compiler.

[1] https://classpert.com/classpertx/courses/building-a-programming-language/cohort

-- Roberto