But if you want to see the "mil of returned elements", why then not
use the approach of Egor?

You do not need to encapsulate this in such an ingenious sub-func.

You could as well just first invoke table.unpack, to see the elements
which you want to remove.

And then in the next step invoike table.move(a1, f, e, t, a1) to strip
these elements from a1?

These are just  2 lua commands without any for loop in lua?